Monday, November 12, 2007

Weight Loss - How You Can Achieve Your Weight Loss Goals

Do you know what the biggest factor will be in meeting your weight loss goals? The type of diet plan you're on? Maybe the kinds of food you eat? No, it's not either in achieving any weight loss goal will be your level of motivation. Here's why.

Unfortunately, the reason most people fail with anything in life is mainly due to motivation. This is so true when it comes to diet and weight loss. Sure, most overweight people start out with only the best of intentions. But after a few days, or even a few weeks, it becomes hard to continue. You start seeing the TV commercials for every type of fast food, pizza and soda in existence. Soon enough, you cave in and start with just a small snack. Then things go from bad to worse and you are back at square one. So how can you stay motivated to lose weight in the face of the temptation to quit?

I believe the key is with finding your "why" for wanting to lose weight. Why do you want to lose 10-20-30 or more pounds? Is it so you can fit into that new suit or dress? Those new jeans you've always wanted? Only you know your reason why, but the point here is to take your "why" and make it front and center everyday ay if you need to.

I give this example on my blog, but what helped keep me motivated to meet my weight loss goal was just a pair of blue jeans. That's right, blue jeans! I bought a pair of blue jeans that were too small at the time and used them for motivation. I loved this pair of jeans and knew they would look great on me if I just lost the weight to get in them. Whenever I felt like giving up and going back to my old eating habits, I would get the jeans out and go back to my "why".

Visualizing a weight loss goal or any other goal in life is very powerful. If you can see it, you can have it. I know this may seem so simple, but don't be fooled, it really works. For me, I was soon able to fit into those new jeans and I've never felt better! So if you are thinking you can't achieve your weight loss goal, stop thinking that. Go back to your reason for wanting to lose weight and put your "why" in front of you. It's exactly the type of motivation that will soon have you losing weight and looking great!

You can learn more about how to achieve your Weight Loss Goals as well as much more information on dieting and weight loss at http://www.FatLoss4IdiotsReview.net

Article Source:http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Terry_Edwards

No comments: